Saturday, October 31, 2009

Capitalism in the name of "prosperity"

Does money equal prosperity?

I opened my facebook this morning and came upon a post from a new friend who seems to me to be walking a thin line between compassion and wisdom. She seems to have a big heart, wants to help, but like most is still caught up in, will not to let go of, the western ideal of prosperity; something that in my opinion needs be dumped, jettisoned into space once and for all...

Below you'll find my rant concerning the "Women Prosperity Network" a group who in my opinion just uses the very portion of our society who have been out of the "prosperity" loop, and so has been recognised by these organizers as prime for the picking...

Ok here we go................

I wish they had found a better name for the group "Prosperity"... creeps use it, capitalists use it, “name it and claim it” Christians use it, those with their eyes on money money use it, but the thing, the item of life of humanity that truly needs/requires prosperity continues to be poor, lives in poverty, this being ones clear view of who they are, the nature of mind, and reality of what life is about.. No it’s not that every woman deserves a new Lexus, trips to their favorite retreat and more shoes than their closet can hold... Oh and face lifts, boob jobs and lipo to suck out the rich foods their new "prosperity" has offered their prosperous lifestyles (and bodies)...

When does this end? When will we jump off this cyclic round and round nonsense many call life and stop, sit, and listen long enough to see clearly?

Even the very organization that was brought into being to "help" women (was it?) is just one more capitalists move to make a few wealthy and to leave the rest wonder "what happened?"

Wake up!!!!

You know I love u just means you've learned to play the game, the very game that has destroyed this world, killing multiple millions for the sake of stuff and ego...

I’m sitting here writing this at the end of a five year quest to become a DOM, still not done. As I look at my possibilities, at my fellow students' plans, ideas of why they're doing what they’re doing, and what I see are people seeing this education as a way to cash in… Their conversations are about over billing insurance companies, turning over treatment rooms to bill the amount maximum clients per day, selling procedures, some not soo necessary, products, some not so effective, etc etc etc... just to make money. I’m sick to my stomach…

Perhaps my view differs because unlike many I have been in the place of being told “you’re dying” not having the money some required to receive (buy) so-called treatment, of being used, cut, drilled into, just because these were "billable items" and then told "no hope, go home and die"….

This experince has made me promise to never use another’s’ suffering to fill my pockets... If I do... Shame on me… I refuse to; refuse to even if I must continue my modest life, even if I have to bail out of this social structure, opt out of this life “as it is” in this moment…

Smiles.... gi

http://www.subtlethings.com/