Wednesday, April 22, 2009

farming salmon is not like fishing for it

a good idea gone very bad


There is no form of farming on earth that uses more chemicals than that of salmon farming. Besides the chemicals we feed them krill just to make them more orange in color, more pleasing to the eye… I once asked the fish manager at my local Whole Foods “why not just sell the fish as is?” He replied “we tried; the customers just won’t buy pale salmon.”

For me farmed salmon is something I will eat for health reasons and because it is not a sustainable food…


More nasty news….

The first-ever tests of farmed salmon from U.S. grocery stores show that farmed salmon are likely the most PCB-contaminated protein source in the U.S. food supply. On average farmed salmon have 16 times the dioxin-like PCBs found in wild salmon, 4 times the levels in beef, and 3.4 times the dioxin-like PCBs found in other seafood.


Watch this video. After u do I hope you’ll never purchase, eat farmed salmon again…



Please don't forget to visit and offer my site to your friends, especially the sick ones…gi

http://www.subtlethings.com/

No comments: